Gymnema sylvestre helps regulate blood sugar levels by blocking sugar absorption in the intestines, helps reduce sugar cravings and decrease appetite, leading to weight loss.
Here are some medicinal benefits of gymnema sylvestre
- Regulates blood sugar: Gymnema sylvestre may help regulate blood sugar levels by blocking sugar absorption in the intestines and stimulating insulin secretion.
- Aids weight loss: Gymnema sylvestre helps reduce sugar cravings and decrease appetite, leading to weight loss.
- Supports digestion: Gymnema sylvestre helps stimulate digestion and relieve constipation, bloating, and other digestive problems.
- Anti-inflammatory effects: Gymnema sylvestre contains anti-inflammatory compounds that may help reduce inflammation in the body, which can lead to various health problems.
- Enhances brain function: Gymnema sylvestre may help improve memory and cognitive function, as well as reduce anxiety and stress.
Gymnema sylvestre is a well researched herbal medicine regarding type two diabetes
- Antidiabetic effects of gymnemic acid IV, a compound derived from Gymnema sylvestre leaves in streptozotocin-diabetic mice
- Effect of Gymnema sylvestre, Coccinia indica and Enicostemma littorale on glucose uptake and related enzymes in the regulation of glycemia
- Effect of Gymnema sylvestre R. Br. leaf extract on the glucose tolerance in non-insulin dependent diabetic rats
- Gymnema sylvestre for Diabetes: From Traditional Herb to Future’s Therapeutic
- Gymnema sylvestre: An Alternative Therapeutic Agent for Management of Diabetes
- Pharmacological and therapeutic activity of Gymnema sylvestre: an overview